This article will walk you through the initial setup of the BEC 6500AEL indoor gateway / CPE unit for use on a Celona Private LTE network.
With an active Celona SIM installed, this BEC gateway will automatically connect to the Celona CBRS network in its factory default configuration. We will show you how to complete the initial setup for the unit, secure the device and enable the Wi-Fi interfaces with your own configuration.
- LAN Ethernet interface: 4x 1Gbps ports
- WAN interface: Single LTE mode and single Ethernet WAN
- Wi-Fi interface: Dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 on 2.4 and 5GHz
Expected performance on CBRS LTE
Up to 95Mbps
Up to 16Mbps
- Install a Celona SIM card in the slot at rear of the device.
- Connect power adapter to turn on. Connect your laptop Ethernet port to one of the LAN Ethernet ports on the router.
- Your laptop will receive an IP address via DHCP from the device, which will be in the
- Open a web browser and enter
http://192.168.1.254to reach the BEC 6500 user interface. Default username and password is
Quick Startto commence the setup wizard.
Go through the setup wizard as follows:
- Set new password and timezone. You will be asked to re-login with your new credentials when you click
- Configure Wi-Fi settings for 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.
- Select WAN Interface as
4G/LTEand activate this connection.
- Once you see the confirmation message that settings have been saved, the LTE interface will restart and you will be back online on the Celona CBRS network within approximately 45 to 60 seconds.