This article will walk you through the initial setup of the Zyxel LTE5388-S905 Indoor CPE gateway for use on a Celona Private LTE network.
With an active SIM installed, this Zyxel gateway will automatically connect to a Celona CBRS network. We will show you how to complete the initial setup for the CPE and how to check status pages for advanced connection information.
- LAN Ethernet interface: 2x 1Gbps ports
- WAN interface: CBRS capable LTE Modem
- Wi-Fi interface: None
Expected performance on CBRS LTE
- Install a Celona SIM card in Slot A on the device, connect to power and turn it on.
- Connect the Ethernet interface on your laptop to either of the Ethernet ports on the device. Note that
port 1can be assigned as the Ethernet WAN interface but it is configured as a LAN interface by default.
- Your laptop will receive an IP address via DHCP from the device, which will be in the
- Open a web browser on your laptop and enter
http://192.168.123.254to reach the user interface on the device.
- You will be prompted to change the default password. Once complete, you will be automatically returned to the login page. Use your new credentials to log in.
- From the menu, choose
Basic Network > WAN & Uplink > Connections Setup.
WAN-1 3G/4Gmodule. Set 3G/4G WAN Configuration > Preferred SIM Card to the SIM slot where the Celona SIM card is physically installed. In our example inside the screenshot below, it is the
- In the
Connection with SIM-A cardsection, set Network Type to
LTE, set Dialup Profile to
Automaticand scroll down to
Save. The device will now reset the modem and use your new configuration. A reboot is not required.
Status > Basic Network > WAN & Uplinkto reach the page shown in the screenshot below and check the connection status.
At this point, we have configured the device in the
NAT mode for client device connectivity on its LAN interfaces. Note that it is also possible to choose the
Passthrough mode whereby a single device connected to the IDG500 will receive the
WAN IP address provided by Celona Edge. This is useful for connecting any devices that must be reachable via either routed or VLAN attached IP Domains.
- To switch to
Passthroughmode, go back to the network configuration for the 3G/4G interface on the device. Under
3G/4G Common Configuration, select
IP Passthrough - Cellular Bridgeand
Saveto switch modes.